If you’re like the majority of people you don’t give too much thought to the parts of a refrigerator until it stops running, or before it is time to buy a new one. To ensure you get the most out of this invaluable appliance it can be nice to understand how it keeps food and drinks cold—and Elite Cheshire Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Continue reading to find out all you might need to understand about how refrigerators work, how it cools your food and if it is time to reach out to refrigerator repair Cheshire.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You will not find too many houses that do not feature a refrigerator in the kitchen. It has been a must-own appliance for several years now. A refrigerator stores your food and drinks at the right temperature, to eliminate rotting and limit harmful bacteria. The process of refrigeration works by moving the heat from the inside of the appliance to the outside, by using the principles of evaporation and condensation.
The primary components of a refrigerator are below. For questions or service call Cheshire Appliance Repair:
A refrigerator compressor is a combo of a pump and motor, and it’s responsible for the circulation of refrigerant dispersed in the cooling system.
The compressor is an important part of a refrigerator. You should call a professional service if the compressor stops working.
A refrigerator condenser is attached on the back exterior wall of the appliance and helps to disperse the heat collected inside the refrigerator out in the surrounding air.
The evaporator is housed in the inside of the refrigerator where absorbs the heat contained inside of it, effectively reducing the temperature inside the appliance.
The moment an evaporator is not working, it is time to enlist a professional. You should not wait until it’s too late.
Liquified refrigerant is carried within a capillary tube that works as an expansion device to cool the gas, transforming the gas back into a liquid.
A thermostat helps regulate the temperature throughout the refrigerator, starting the cooling period when appropriate.
The thermostat in a refrigerator is prone to breaking. Troubleshoot and call a contractor in Cheshire for service the moment an issue happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. The moment the temperature inside the refrigerator is above the set point sensors alert the refrigerator compressor to start, and the next cooling period starts. The appliance attracts the cool liquid refrigerant, then condenses and pressurizes the liquid, and increases the temperature, in order to turn it into a gas form.
2. The compressor unit pushes the warm gas towards the refrigerator condenser coils on the outside of the refrigerator, at which point it comes in contact with the lower temperature in the kitchen and reverts back to a liquid form.
3. The cooled refrigerant continues its journey to the evaporator, pushing through the many coils in the interior of the refrigerator and top freezer.
4. The liquid then absorbs the warm air from the interior of the refrigerator, cooling the temperature until it has reached the desired set point.
5. The refrigerant then will evaporate and turns back to a gas, and then returns to the refrigerator compressor unit in order to continue the cycle.
Refrigeration is found in many applications and appliances, this includes heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators, and freezers. By removing warmth from one location and then moving it to elsewhere the cycle of refrigeration helps to cool a house, creates a safe space for perishable food, and helps with manufacturing and storage of many different common products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator need professional attention? Time to schedule a repair with Elite Cheshire Appliance Repair.
Cheshire Appliance Repair can repair most common models of refrigerators – that includes industrial models, side-by-side and stand-alone. Our licensed repairman in Cheshire undergoes training to repair problems with cooling, malfunctioning ice makers, condensation, puddles and leaks, bulbs, digital controls, smart technology, and various issues. We know all there is to know about refrigerator repair! Call today!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2022  Elite Cheshire Appliance Repair